What Are the Components of a Solar PV System?
A PV system consists of different components, including:
1) Solar Modules (group of solar cells),
2) Charge Controllers (to control the amount of charge going into the inverter),
3) Inverters (to convert the direct current (DC) of a PV system into alternating current (AC) for use in electrical appliances),
4) Batteries (to store any excess energy and use it when the PV system is not generating power) (for off-grid and hybrid systems only)
5) Racking (mounting hardware for the modules) etc.
All of these components can be purchased individually. However, unless you are really knowledgable about electrical work and building a solar system, it is better to buy the whole thing from an installer.
Click here to read more.